INDIA: Reliance names supermarket, hypermarket chief
Reliance names Mall consumer grocery boss
Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries has named Damodar Mall as chief executive of the supermarket and hypermarket chains operated by retail arm Reliance Retail.
Mall will replace Rob Cissell, who has held the post for the previous three years. "After a stint of three years leading our consumer grocery business, Rob has decided to relocate outside India to pursue other opportunities," the company said in a statement.
Mall is Reliance Retail's chief customer strategy officer. He has held various posts in the Indian retail sector, including positions at rival Future Group.
Randall Guttery will continue to oversee Reliance Retail's cash-and-carry operations, which account for 53% of the unit's revenue. Reliance said it is creating a common executive management structure for the grocery business, with Guttery serving as "mentor" for its consumer grocery banners.
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Young's eyeing new channels, M&A