INDIA: Reliance names supermarket, hypermarket chief
Reliance names Mall consumer grocery boss
Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries has named Damodar Mall as chief executive of the supermarket and hypermarket chains operated by retail arm Reliance Retail.
Mall will replace Rob Cissell, who has held the post for the previous three years. "After a stint of three years leading our consumer grocery business, Rob has decided to relocate outside India to pursue other opportunities," the company said in a statement.
Mall is Reliance Retail's chief customer strategy officer. He has held various posts in the Indian retail sector, including positions at rival Future Group.
Randall Guttery will continue to oversee Reliance Retail's cash-and-carry operations, which account for 53% of the unit's revenue. Reliance said it is creating a common executive management structure for the grocery business, with Guttery serving as "mentor" for its consumer grocery banners.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report