UK: Reports of Food Poisoning associated with low fat milk
There have been a number of reports in the media questioning the microbiological safety of milk, specifically skimmed milk. The report emanates from the Public Health Laboratory Service who undertake microbiological analyses on a wide variety of foods ensuring their safety. The report specifically refers to the pasteurisation of skimmed milk from 2 modified pasteurisers in small dairies Somerfield can reassure all our customers that we purchase milk from large Dairies all of whom have strict controls on their pasteurisation system. They pasteurise to higher time/temperature conditions than set by the regulations and customer can therefore continue to purchase our semi-skimmed and skimmed milks with confidence.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid