UK: Reports of Food Poisoning associated with low fat milk
There have been a number of reports in the media questioning the microbiological safety of milk, specifically skimmed milk. The report emanates from the Public Health Laboratory Service who undertake microbiological analyses on a wide variety of foods ensuring their safety. The report specifically refers to the pasteurisation of skimmed milk from 2 modified pasteurisers in small dairies Somerfield can reassure all our customers that we purchase milk from large Dairies all of whom have strict controls on their pasteurisation system. They pasteurise to higher time/temperature conditions than set by the regulations and customer can therefore continue to purchase our semi-skimmed and skimmed milks with confidence.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action