UK: Reports of Food Poisoning associated with low fat milk
There have been a number of reports in the media questioning the microbiological safety of milk, specifically skimmed milk. The report emanates from the Public Health Laboratory Service who undertake microbiological analyses on a wide variety of foods ensuring their safety. The report specifically refers to the pasteurisation of skimmed milk from 2 modified pasteurisers in small dairies Somerfield can reassure all our customers that we purchase milk from large Dairies all of whom have strict controls on their pasteurisation system. They pasteurise to higher time/temperature conditions than set by the regulations and customer can therefore continue to purchase our semi-skimmed and skimmed milks with confidence.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund