UK: Reports of Food Poisoning associated with low fat milk
There have been a number of reports in the media questioning the microbiological safety of milk, specifically skimmed milk. The report emanates from the Public Health Laboratory Service who undertake microbiological analyses on a wide variety of foods ensuring their safety. The report specifically refers to the pasteurisation of skimmed milk from 2 modified pasteurisers in small dairies Somerfield can reassure all our customers that we purchase milk from large Dairies all of whom have strict controls on their pasteurisation system. They pasteurise to higher time/temperature conditions than set by the regulations and customer can therefore continue to purchase our semi-skimmed and skimmed milks with confidence.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre