EU: Request for meat industry aid from meat processing liaison group Clitravi
Clitravi , the EU's meat processing liaison group, has demanded more support from the European Commission in a bid to regenerate the meat industry following the impact of foot and mouth disease, BSE and hog prices. "It will be necessary for Community exporters to make additional efforts to recover lost markets following the ban on certain exports, a ban which we hope will be temporary," said a spokesman for the group. "Some additional financial incentive is fully justified for manufactured products," he added, pointing out that the European Commission should increase the level of refunds for manufactured products
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti