EU: Request for meat industry aid from meat processing liaison group Clitravi
Clitravi , the EU's meat processing liaison group, has demanded more support from the European Commission in a bid to regenerate the meat industry following the impact of foot and mouth disease, BSE and hog prices. "It will be necessary for Community exporters to make additional efforts to recover lost markets following the ban on certain exports, a ban which we hope will be temporary," said a spokesman for the group. "Some additional financial incentive is fully justified for manufactured products," he added, pointing out that the European Commission should increase the level of refunds for manufactured products
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever