EU: Request for meat industry aid from meat processing liaison group Clitravi
Clitravi , the EU's meat processing liaison group, has demanded more support from the European Commission in a bid to regenerate the meat industry following the impact of foot and mouth disease, BSE and hog prices. "It will be necessary for Community exporters to make additional efforts to recover lost markets following the ban on certain exports, a ban which we hope will be temporary," said a spokesman for the group. "Some additional financial incentive is fully justified for manufactured products," he added, pointing out that the European Commission should increase the level of refunds for manufactured products
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations