SOUTH KOREA: Researchers develop storm resistant rice
A shorter strain of rice has been developed by the Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, which claims that it will be more resistant to storm damage as it is less likely to be flattened. A researcher explained that 60 farms in the Kyonggi and Chungchong provinces are taking part in a trial of the rice, which was produced by exposing common rice to radiation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs