SOUTH AFRICA: Restaurant apologises for using Nelson Mandela's image
Lawyers acting for Nelson Mandela have received an apology from Nelson's Chicken & Gravy Land , a South African restaurant which used Mandela's image as part of its logo. The restaurant, which opened in Cape Town in July this year, has named chicken dishes after famous anti-apartheid freedom fighter Mandela, using names such as
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin