USA: Restaurant owner aims to shame patrons into washing hands
A restaurant owner has developed a device intended to embarrass patrons into washing their hands after using the toilet. Gus Vlahos' patented invention is a small electrical device that emits an audio message triggered by the frequency of a flushing toilet. The machine nags people in the washroom, saying, "Please wash your hands. Stay healthy, wash your hands."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods