- Net sales for the quarter increased by 5.9 per cent to SEK 1,193m (1,127).
- Operating profit was SEK 52m (58).
- Underlying EBIT was SEK 77m (91).
- Items affecting comparability amounted to SEK –21m (–33) and consist mainly of costs related to factory restructurings.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 91m (–16).
- Net debt/underlying EBITDA was 4.4x (4.7). In the quarter, SEK 34m of loans were amortised.
- On 8 January 2014, Cloetta completed the acquisition of Alrifai Nutisal AB. The acquisition is in line with Cloetta’s strategy to broaden its product portfolio within Munchy Moments.
SWEDEN: Restructuring weighs on Cloetta Q1
Cloetta operating profit falls, sales rise
Costs associated with moves to restructure its manufacturing base have dented first-quarter profits at Swedish confectioner Cloetta.
The company said today (25 April) that operating profit fell to SEK52m (US$7.9m) in the three months to end-March, down from SEK58m in the comparable period of last year. Underlying EBIT was SEK77m compared to SEK91m.
Cloetta registered costs of SEK21m in the period related to factory restructuring.
Sales increased 5.9% to SEK1.19bn.
The company stressed that it made progress on its strategy to "broaden" its offering in the period with the acquisition of Alrifai Nutisal.
Interim report Q1, January – March 2014
25 April 2014 | 08:00 CET |
Original source: Cloetta
Synopsis Canadean's "Cloetta AB - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
After the integration in 2012 of acquired company Leaf, Cloetta AB has worked with cost savings and efficiency in order to reach synergies. One production plant in Denmark was closed down and another ...
Cloetta Finland Oy is the daughter company of Cloetta AB and second biggest confectionery company in Finland in 2013. The company’s goal is to keep its strong foothold in the market as well as increas...
Confectionery in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains des...
Confectionery in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also cont...
Confectionery in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains desc...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report