- Net sales for the quarter increased by 5.9 per cent to SEK 1,193m (1,127).
- Operating profit was SEK 52m (58).
- Underlying EBIT was SEK 77m (91).
- Items affecting comparability amounted to SEK –21m (–33) and consist mainly of costs related to factory restructurings.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 91m (–16).
- Net debt/underlying EBITDA was 4.4x (4.7). In the quarter, SEK 34m of loans were amortised.
- On 8 January 2014, Cloetta completed the acquisition of Alrifai Nutisal AB. The acquisition is in line with Cloetta’s strategy to broaden its product portfolio within Munchy Moments.
SWEDEN: Restructuring weighs on Cloetta Q1
Cloetta operating profit falls, sales rise
Costs associated with moves to restructure its manufacturing base have dented first-quarter profits at Swedish confectioner Cloetta.
The company said today (25 April) that operating profit fell to SEK52m (US$7.9m) in the three months to end-March, down from SEK58m in the comparable period of last year. Underlying EBIT was SEK77m compared to SEK91m.
Cloetta registered costs of SEK21m in the period related to factory restructuring.
Sales increased 5.9% to SEK1.19bn.
The company stressed that it made progress on its strategy to "broaden" its offering in the period with the acquisition of Alrifai Nutisal.
Interim report Q1, January – March 2014
25 April 2014 | 08:00 CET |
Original source: Cloetta
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses