EU: Resumption of Portuguese beef exports expected while other countries experience bans
While discussion in the EU beef market is largely focusing on the implementation of beef bans following the latest outbreak of BSE, the situation in Portugal is somewhat different. Following a recent inspection by veterinary officers, it has now been suggested that the BSE ban imposed in 1998 is no longer necessary, as the government has since introduced slaughterhouse controls and outlawed the use of meat and bonemeal in livestock feed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units