NETHERLANDS: Retail exec takes helm at The Greenery
Ton Wortel, an executive with "extensive experience" in the retail sphere, will take the helm at The Greenery as the produce giant looks to drive its cost leadership strategy and increase its focus on retail channels.
Wortel has worked at a number of European retailers, including Dirk can Broek and Marktkauf Nederland supermarkets in the Netherlands and Metro Cash & Carry in the Ukraine.
"The experience he brings dovetails perfectly with The Greenery's cost-price leadership strategy. His comprehensive knowledge of international retail will help The Greenery to further sharpen its focus on retail and convert it into value," chairman Bert Jansen commented.
Wortel replaces Okke Koo, current interim general manager. He will assume his duties on 1 July.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Arla expands in Egypt with Juhayna JV
- DMK to shut two ice cream plants