NETHERLANDS: Retail exec takes helm at The Greenery
Ton Wortel, an executive with "extensive experience" in the retail sphere, will take the helm at The Greenery as the produce giant looks to drive its cost leadership strategy and increase its focus on retail channels.
Wortel has worked at a number of European retailers, including Dirk can Broek and Marktkauf Nederland supermarkets in the Netherlands and Metro Cash & Carry in the Ukraine.
"The experience he brings dovetails perfectly with The Greenery's cost-price leadership strategy. His comprehensive knowledge of international retail will help The Greenery to further sharpen its focus on retail and convert it into value," chairman Bert Jansen commented.
Wortel replaces Okke Koo, current interim general manager. He will assume his duties on 1 July.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review