NETHERLANDS: Retail exec takes helm at The Greenery
Ton Wortel, an executive with "extensive experience" in the retail sphere, will take the helm at The Greenery as the produce giant looks to drive its cost leadership strategy and increase its focus on retail channels.
Wortel has worked at a number of European retailers, including Dirk can Broek and Marktkauf Nederland supermarkets in the Netherlands and Metro Cash & Carry in the Ukraine.
"The experience he brings dovetails perfectly with The Greenery's cost-price leadership strategy. His comprehensive knowledge of international retail will help The Greenery to further sharpen its focus on retail and convert it into value," chairman Bert Jansen commented.
Wortel replaces Okke Koo, current interim general manager. He will assume his duties on 1 July.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Digesting digital: Collaboration key
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business