NETHERLANDS: Retail exec takes helm at The Greenery
Ton Wortel, an executive with "extensive experience" in the retail sphere, will take the helm at The Greenery as the produce giant looks to drive its cost leadership strategy and increase its focus on retail channels.
Wortel has worked at a number of European retailers, including Dirk can Broek and Marktkauf Nederland supermarkets in the Netherlands and Metro Cash & Carry in the Ukraine.
"The experience he brings dovetails perfectly with The Greenery's cost-price leadership strategy. His comprehensive knowledge of international retail will help The Greenery to further sharpen its focus on retail and convert it into value," chairman Bert Jansen commented.
Wortel replaces Okke Koo, current interim general manager. He will assume his duties on 1 July.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits