NETHERLANDS: Retail exec takes helm at The Greenery
Ton Wortel, an executive with "extensive experience" in the retail sphere, will take the helm at The Greenery as the produce giant looks to drive its cost leadership strategy and increase its focus on retail channels.
Wortel has worked at a number of European retailers, including Dirk can Broek and Marktkauf Nederland supermarkets in the Netherlands and Metro Cash & Carry in the Ukraine.
"The experience he brings dovetails perfectly with The Greenery's cost-price leadership strategy. His comprehensive knowledge of international retail will help The Greenery to further sharpen its focus on retail and convert it into value," chairman Bert Jansen commented.
Wortel replaces Okke Koo, current interim general manager. He will assume his duties on 1 July.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's