NETHERLANDS: Retail exec takes helm at The Greenery
Ton Wortel, an executive with "extensive experience" in the retail sphere, will take the helm at The Greenery as the produce giant looks to drive its cost leadership strategy and increase its focus on retail channels.
Wortel has worked at a number of European retailers, including Dirk can Broek and Marktkauf Nederland supermarkets in the Netherlands and Metro Cash & Carry in the Ukraine.
"The experience he brings dovetails perfectly with The Greenery's cost-price leadership strategy. His comprehensive knowledge of international retail will help The Greenery to further sharpen its focus on retail and convert it into value," chairman Bert Jansen commented.
Wortel replaces Okke Koo, current interim general manager. He will assume his duties on 1 July.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- Danone's Stonyfield launches layered yoghurt