NETHERLANDS: Retail exec takes helm at The Greenery
Ton Wortel, an executive with "extensive experience" in the retail sphere, will take the helm at The Greenery as the produce giant looks to drive its cost leadership strategy and increase its focus on retail channels.
Wortel has worked at a number of European retailers, including Dirk can Broek and Marktkauf Nederland supermarkets in the Netherlands and Metro Cash & Carry in the Ukraine.
"The experience he brings dovetails perfectly with The Greenery's cost-price leadership strategy. His comprehensive knowledge of international retail will help The Greenery to further sharpen its focus on retail and convert it into value," chairman Bert Jansen commented.
Wortel replaces Okke Koo, current interim general manager. He will assume his duties on 1 July.
Sectors: Fresh produce
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Indian conglomerate ITC sets out FMCG ambition
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- On the money: Kellogg still struggling with cereal
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Danone UK ad banned over unauthorised claims
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS