NETHERLANDS: Retail sales boost 2010 revenues at Sligro
Higher like-for-like retail sales and the consolidation of the Sanders Supermarkten chain drove revenues at Dutch firm Sligro Food Group in 2010.
Sligro, which operates in the retail and foodservice sectors, posted turnover of EUR2.29bn (US$3.03bn) for 2010, up 1.2% on the year.
Retail sales rose 1.5% to EUR738m, Sligro said today (5 January). Sligro's foodservice sales were up 1.1% at EUR1.55bn, despite a 4.8% fall in sales in the fourth quarter
On a like-for-like basis, Sligro's retail sales rose 5.3%. Its foodservice sales climbed 2.8%. Its total like-for-like sales rose 3.6%.
Sligro's complete 2010 results will be issued on 27 January.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK