INDIA: Retailer Aditya Birla outlines expansion plans
Aditya Birla Retail (ABRL) has announced plans to open ten hypermarkets in India within the next two years under the "More" banner.
The company added that it also aims to have 1500 supermarkets and 100 hypermarkets by 2013.
According to CEO Sumant Sinha, ABRL the company will invest a total of US$2.5bn on its expansion plans.
ABRL launched its first hypermarket last month, in Vadodara Gujarat, at the cost of US$6m.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk