BRAZIL: Retailer Barbosa acquires Mercantil
Brazilian supermarket group G Barbosa has acquired Mercantil Rodrigues, a supermarket operator in the capital of Bahia state, Salvador.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed but Barbosa, which was itself recently acquired by the Chilean retail group Cencosud, said the deal was financed out of its own cash resources.
Cencosud announced earlier this month that it was acquiring Barbosa for US$380m in stock and $50m in assumed debt.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid