FRANCE/POLAND: Retailer Casino unveils US$5bn investment for Poland
French retail giant Casino has unveiled plans to hike investment in Poland to US$5bn by 2005. Plans include the opening of ten further large hypermarkets under the Géant banner, while the number of Leader Price discount supermarkets will increase to 180. Investment this year will total PlZ455m (US$108m). The Casino group has become a major investor in Poland since it first arrived in 1996 and new employs a workforce of 7,500. This is set to swell to 11,000 by 2004, the group said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti