RUSSIA: Retailer Dixy in talks over convenience JV
Russian retailer Dixy is in talks with local gaming group Ritzio over the possibility of building convenience stores in the country.
Dixy, which operates just under 350 outlets in Russia, is holding talks with Ritzio over setting a joint venture to build convenience stores under the V-Mart banner.
"We are now in negotiations and are deciding details," a Dixy spokesman told just-food from Moscow today (31 July). The spokesman declined to comment further.
According to local reports, under the plans, Ritzio would provide the real estate and property for the new stores.
The two companies are said to be looking at developing 50 stores, according to Russian business daily Kommersant.
It has taken Tesco to shake Wal-Mart into action in the US but with the country's largest retailer planning to open its own local, small-format stores, it will be a testing time across the Atlantic fo...
Snickers, the chocolate brand owned by US giant Mars, has introduced a bar to their range with added caffeine....
Couche-Tard, the Canadian convenience store chain, has created two business units in the US....
Swiss baker Hiestand has reported record sales growth for the full year, as the company benefited from both acquisitions and a strong organic performance....
US convenience food firm Bridgford Foods Corp. has seen falling annual sales push the company into the red....
The last five days have seen the owners of UK retailer Somerfield look for a buyer, Kellogg invest in Russia - and a police hostage raid at a Unilever plant. Here's this week's most popular stories on...
Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose is interested in snapping up a number of Somerfield's stores, MD Mark Price has said....
Carrefour is to spend EUR100m (US$146m) in Poland this year as it moves into the country's fledgling convenience sector....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review