RUSSIA: Retailer Dixy posts 4% rise in LFL sales
Dixy has posted sales growth for the first quarter of 2013
Russian food retailer Dixy has announced a 4% increase in like-for-like sales for the first quarter of 2014.
For the first three months of the year, the retailer saw like-for-likes rise 4.1%. It posted revenue growth of 17.8% to RUB49.8bn (US$1.43bn).
Sales were bolstered by the "strong performance" of Dixy's supermarket division which experienced 16.4% sales growth. However, sales from neighbourhood stores fell 4.7%.
Total selling space for the firm increased by 19% versus the same period last year. Dixy took its number of stores from 1,544 to 1,825.
Earlier this month, larger rivals X5 Retail Group and Magnit reported 6% and 7% increases in like-for-like sales for the first quarter.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered