RUSSIA: Retailer Dixy posts 4% rise in LFL sales
Dixy has posted sales growth for the first quarter of 2013
Russian food retailer Dixy has announced a 4% increase in like-for-like sales for the first quarter of 2014.
For the first three months of the year, the retailer saw like-for-likes rise 4.1%. It posted revenue growth of 17.8% to RUB49.8bn (US$1.43bn).
Sales were bolstered by the "strong performance" of Dixy's supermarket division which experienced 16.4% sales growth. However, sales from neighbourhood stores fell 4.7%.
Total selling space for the firm increased by 19% versus the same period last year. Dixy took its number of stores from 1,544 to 1,825.
Earlier this month, larger rivals X5 Retail Group and Magnit reported 6% and 7% increases in like-for-like sales for the first quarter.
Canadean's "OJSC Dixy Group : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvi...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant