RUSSIA: Retailer Dixy posts 4% rise in LFL sales
Dixy has posted sales growth for the first quarter of 2013
Russian food retailer Dixy has announced a 4% increase in like-for-like sales for the first quarter of 2014.
For the first three months of the year, the retailer saw like-for-likes rise 4.1%. It posted revenue growth of 17.8% to RUB49.8bn (US$1.43bn).
Sales were bolstered by the "strong performance" of Dixy's supermarket division which experienced 16.4% sales growth. However, sales from neighbourhood stores fell 4.7%.
Total selling space for the firm increased by 19% versus the same period last year. Dixy took its number of stores from 1,544 to 1,825.
Earlier this month, larger rivals X5 Retail Group and Magnit reported 6% and 7% increases in like-for-like sales for the first quarter.
Canadean's "OJSC Dixy Group : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvi...
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China