RUSSIA: Retailer Dixy posts 4% rise in LFL sales
Dixy has posted sales growth for the first quarter of 2013
Russian food retailer Dixy has announced a 4% increase in like-for-like sales for the first quarter of 2014.
For the first three months of the year, the retailer saw like-for-likes rise 4.1%. It posted revenue growth of 17.8% to RUB49.8bn (US$1.43bn).
Sales were bolstered by the "strong performance" of Dixy's supermarket division which experienced 16.4% sales growth. However, sales from neighbourhood stores fell 4.7%.
Total selling space for the firm increased by 19% versus the same period last year. Dixy took its number of stores from 1,544 to 1,825.
Earlier this month, larger rivals X5 Retail Group and Magnit reported 6% and 7% increases in like-for-like sales for the first quarter.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report