COLOMBIA: Retailer Exito replaces retiring CEO Lopez
Exito has appointed COO Giraldo to the role with effect from 19 March
Colombian retailer Exito, in which French retailer Casino holds a majority stake, has appointed Carlos Mario Giraldo as CEO to replace retiring Gonzalo Restrepo Lopez.
Exito said yesterday (19 February) Lopez, who has headed up the group for 22 years, is leaving to "dedicate himself to his family and to new activities related to the development of Colombia", the retailer said.
As a result, Exito has appointed COO Giraldo to the role with effect from 19 March. He has held the COO position for five years and has 18 years of consumer and retail industry experience, including 13 years at Mexican confectioner Nutresa.
The announcement comes as Exito revealed a 22% increase in full-year profit to US$858.7m for the year to the end of December. Operating profit was up 16.7% to $494.2m, while sales climbed 15.7% to $10.2bn.
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes