COLOMBIA: Retailer Exito replaces retiring CEO Lopez
Exito has appointed COO Giraldo to the role with effect from 19 March
Colombian retailer Exito, in which French retailer Casino holds a majority stake, has appointed Carlos Mario Giraldo as CEO to replace retiring Gonzalo Restrepo Lopez.
Exito said yesterday (19 February) Lopez, who has headed up the group for 22 years, is leaving to "dedicate himself to his family and to new activities related to the development of Colombia", the retailer said.
As a result, Exito has appointed COO Giraldo to the role with effect from 19 March. He has held the COO position for five years and has 18 years of consumer and retail industry experience, including 13 years at Mexican confectioner Nutresa.
The announcement comes as Exito revealed a 22% increase in full-year profit to US$858.7m for the year to the end of December. Operating profit was up 16.7% to $494.2m, while sales climbed 15.7% to $10.2bn.
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Heinz to cut 71 jobs at UK plant
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business