SWEDEN: Retailer ICA files for bank charter
Sweden's leading food retailer, ICA , half-owned by Dutch food giant Ahold , has today (10 November) formally filed for bank charter at the Swedish Finance Inspection Board. ICA plans to offer full banking services to its 2.7m active card members throughout Sweden and Norway. Cardholders are currently able to withdraw cash up to SKr300 at each purchase, but now deposits could reach SKr15,000, while credit of up to SKr12,000 may be offered. "Our aim is [to] be the best alternative to our customers, and they will be able to reach it through our retail outlets, Internet and telephone," revealed vice managing director Johan Röhss.Full details of the new financial services are not yet available, but ICA said a wide range will be offered and that its ambition is to move swiftly. "We hope that we should be up and running in the third quarter of next year," said Jörgen Wennberg, marketing director and vice managing director of the new bank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review