RUSSIA: Retailer Magnit books 7% in Q1 LFLs
Magnit LFL sales growth picked up from 2013
Russian retailer Magnit saw like-for-like sales rise over 7% in the first quarter of 2014, it said today (10 April).
Magnit, which has over 8,200 stores, posted a 7.5% increase in like-for-likes. In 2013 as a whole, Magnit saw its like-for-like sales rise 3.9%.
Sales from Magnit's convenience stores - of which it runs over 7,300 - were up 6%. Growth from its hypermarkets and cosmetics stores was higher at 9.2% and 53.5%.
Magnit saw ticket and traffic growth across each of its formats, although its c-stores saw traffic inch up by just 0.6%.
The retailer's net sales were up 25% at RUB163.95bn (US$4.61bn).
Canadean's "Magnit : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key fac...
The company is planning further expansion of its outlet network. In 2014, Magnit plans to open 1,100 convenience stores, 350 cosmetic stores and 80 hypermarkets. The company aims to create a leading h...
The company is planning further expansion of convenience stores locations and hypermarket. In 2013 Magnit plans to open 1,100 convenience stores, 250 cosmetic stores and 60 hypermarkets. The company a...
Agricultural Products in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
Introduction Food Retail in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
Dried pasta and rice are the leading categories in volume terms within dried processed food in Russia, accounting for 89% of overall volume sales in 2013. Russians eat pasta and rice mainly as a garni...
Growth in income levels is changing the consumption habits of Russians. Increasing education about the nutritional values of meals, growing health concerns and an interest in international cuisine are...
Despite the fact that pasta is saturated in Russia, it still has a positive performance every year. More new niches for pasta products are becoming available. In large cities such as Moscow and St. Pe...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report