RUSSIA: Retailer Magnit sees Q4 sales slow
Russian retailer Magnit has posted an 11% rise in underlying annual revenues, although its sales slowed in the fourth quarter of the year.
Magnit yesterday (11 January) reported an 11.1% increase in like-for-like revenue for 2011. The retailer's average ticket, excluding VAT, was up 9.7%, with customer traffic increasing 1.3%.
However, Magnit's like-for-like sales growth was 3.1% in the fourth quarter on the back of a 1.9% drop in traffic. Customers to its hypermarkets increased 1.3% but shoppers to the retailer's convenience stores fell 2%.
Magnit's net retail sales jumped 42.12% in 2011 to RUR335.6bn (US$10.6bn), boosted by the opening of over 1,250 stores.
The retailer noted that food inflation was 3.9% in 2011; a year before it was 12.9%.
Russian retailer Magnit has opened a new distribution centre to serve the Volga region....
Russian retailer Magnit has launched a store format under the banner Magnit Family....
Russian retailer Magnit has reported a 4% increase in like-for-like sales for the first three months of 2012 thanks to robust growth from its hypermarket network....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis