US: Retailer Publix posts sales, earnings growth
Publix has posted earnings and sales growth for 2013
US retailer Publix has reported higher annual sales and earnings.
The retailer booked a 6.6% increase in net earnings to US $1.7bn for the fiscal year ended 28 December 2013.
Annual sales grew 5.2% to $28.9bn. Comparable-store sales were up 3.6%.
Publix's fourth-quarter results followed a similar pattern. Net earnings climbed 7.4%. Net sales increased by 5.3% to $7.4bn. Comaparable-store grew 4.3%.
Publix's stock price increased from $30.00 per share to $30.15 per share.
"I'm pleased our operating performance resulted in another increase in our stock price," said Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. "Our associates - the owners of Publix - deserve the credit for this achievement," he added.
Publix's stock price increased from $30.00 per share to $30.15 per share. The retailer's stock is not publicly traded and is made available for sale only to Publix associates and members of its board of directors.
Original source: Publix
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report