AUSTRALIA: Retailers can keep unlabelled GM food on shelf despite 7 December deadline
State health ministers revealed this week that retailers will be allowed to leave their stocks of unlabelled GM foods on the shelves after 7 December, when the regulatory changes requiring comprehensive labelling of food products' GE status come into force. From early December, all GM food must be fully labelled as such, and unpackaged GM foods must be displayed near to labels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch