AUSTRALIA: Retailers can keep unlabelled GM food on shelf despite 7 December deadline
State health ministers revealed this week that retailers will be allowed to leave their stocks of unlabelled GM foods on the shelves after 7 December, when the regulatory changes requiring comprehensive labelling of food products' GE status come into force. From early December, all GM food must be fully labelled as such, and unpackaged GM foods must be displayed near to labels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 survey – profits and sales
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth