AUSTRALIA: Retailers can keep unlabelled GM food on shelf despite 7 December deadline
State health ministers revealed this week that retailers will be allowed to leave their stocks of unlabelled GM foods on the shelves after 7 December, when the regulatory changes requiring comprehensive labelling of food products' GE status come into force. From early December, all GM food must be fully labelled as such, and unpackaged GM foods must be displayed near to labels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp