EU: Review of global food standards launched
The arcane procedures of the world's food standards body, the Codex Alimentarius, could be made simpler and more transparent, because of the launch joint review of its work by the UN's Food and Agricultural Organisation and the World Health Organisation. There is concern that with the World Trade Organisation increasingly using Codex standards for its health and safety regulations affecting food trade disputes, there is a need for governments and other interested parties to better monitor and maybe have input into the framing of Codex standards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units