CHINA: Review of ninth Five Year Plan highlights successes in food industry
Reviewing the development of China's food industry since 1996, market experts are content that the objectives of the ninth Five-Year Plan (1996-2000) have been achieved. Food production in China has grown to meet domestic demand in terms of quality, variety, function, grade and packaging. The industry itself has grown an average rate of 10.2% a year over the last decade, and the National Bureau of Statistics have released statistics that show how food manufacturing has grown by a dramatic 14.4% over the last year. Processing meanwhile expanded by 0.76% faster than the growth rate of the whole food industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review