GERMANY: Rewe expands Penny international management
German retailer Rewe Group has announced plans to expand the leadership team overseeing the international operations of its Penny discount arm.
From 1 July, Rudolf Trettenbrein will join Penny's international business, which covers six European countries. He will be take responsibility for purchasing, product management and marketing.
The 45-year-old Austrian will continue to serve as a member of the management of Penny Austria, where he was also responsible for purchasing and marketing.
Currently, Penny's international management consists of Günter Becker - who is responsible for Austria, Italy, the Czech Republic and Romania - and Folker Gussek - who oversees operations in Hungary and Bulgaria.
German retail giant Rewe has revealed it plans to open 20 Penny discount stores in Bulgaria by the end of next year....
Penny, Rewe Group's discount chain, is to begin construction of a distribution centre in eastern Germany....
German retail giant Rewe has acquired 39 Sky supermarkets in southwest Germany from cooperative retailer Coop eG for an undisclosed sum....
Rewe, the German retail giant, has asked the head of its Billa business in Bulgaria to take on the dual role of leading its operations in Romania....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid