GERMANY: Rewe expands Penny international management
German retailer Rewe Group has announced plans to expand the leadership team overseeing the international operations of its Penny discount arm.
From 1 July, Rudolf Trettenbrein will join Penny's international business, which covers six European countries. He will be take responsibility for purchasing, product management and marketing.
The 45-year-old Austrian will continue to serve as a member of the management of Penny Austria, where he was also responsible for purchasing and marketing.
Currently, Penny's international management consists of Günter Becker - who is responsible for Austria, Italy, the Czech Republic and Romania - and Folker Gussek - who oversees operations in Hungary and Bulgaria.
German retail giant Rewe has revealed it plans to open 20 Penny discount stores in Bulgaria by the end of next year....
Penny, Rewe Group's discount chain, is to begin construction of a distribution centre in eastern Germany....
German retail giant Rewe has acquired 39 Sky supermarkets in southwest Germany from cooperative retailer Coop eG for an undisclosed sum....
Rewe, the German retail giant, has asked the head of its Billa business in Bulgaria to take on the dual role of leading its operations in Romania....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report