GERMANY: Rewe is Expanding the Structure of its Board of Management
On the occasion of the retirement of our long-standing director of trade (Handelsvorstand), Otto Kalmbach (64), the Supervisory Board of Rewe's Cologne-based corporate organizations (Rewe-Zentral AG and Rewe-Zentralfinanz eG) has expanded and restructured the Rewe Board of Management within the framework of its executive management. Executive managers, Gisela Schmitt (49, Marketing, Food), Hans Schmitz (50, Large areas, Specialised Discount Stores, Non-food), Gerd Bruse (50, Business Management, Finance, Tourism) and Dr. E. Dieter Berninghaus (36, Foreign Business, E-Technology) were appointed to the Rewe Board of Management on July 1, 2001. Executive managers, Karl Adolf Fürbeth (52, Logistics, Organisation, Discounting, Information Processing), Horst Rompcik (63, Human Resources, Legal Affairs), Andreas Toth (61, Controlling) and Gert Ziegelmeier (59, Overall Product Range) continue to report to Rewe Board of Management Chairman Hans Reischl (61). Emil P. Heinz (62, Consumer Electronics) will, in the future, report to Mr. Schmitz, while Klaus Trück (57, Finance) reports to Mr. Bruse. Erwin Holzschuh (56, Auditing, Auditing Service) is attached to the Rewe executive management as Chairman of the Rewe Audit Association.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods