USA: Rica Foods acquires recognized Niche brand name, 'Zaragoza'
Rica Foods, Inc. (Amex: RCF) announced yesterday that Pipasa, one of its Costa Rican subsidiaries, acquired the well- recognized brand name, Zaragoza, the second leading value-added processed products brand name in Costa Rica. ``The acquisition of this brand enhances our leverage as it increases our customer base and broadens our brand exposure. This tremendous opportunity arose out of a symbiotic business relationship between our subsidiaries and Zaragoza, since the consideration for the acquisition of the brand name was a reduction of debt owed by Zaragoza to Pipasa,'' stated Mr. Calixto Chaves, RCF's Chairman and CEO.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti