USA: Rica Foods, Inc. Is Not Acquiring an Interest in PoultryFirst.com
Rica Foods, Inc. (Amex:RCF) announced today that it has decided, in its best interest to jointly terminate its letter of intent with PoultryFirst.Com (''PF.Com''), signed back on July 5, 2000. ''RCF and PF.Com, a company owned by Jose Pablo Chaves, have agreed to terminate its letter of intent, by which RCF intended an equity participation of 17% in PF.Com. Terms and conditions of the potential acquisition were under negotiation, subject to a fairness opinion satisfactory to RCF's shareholders, but RCF considered it necessary at this point in time to concentrate in its core business, and work on its fundamentals and shareholder value,'' Mr. Calixto Chaves, Chairman of RCF said today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review