CHINA: Rice industry conference focusing on food security and social stability
Over a thousand delegates at the International Rice Congress currently underway in Beijing, are grappling with huge issues affecting the crop that feeds almost half the world. Rice is considered the basis of food security and social stability in many large and influential nations, such as China and India, and the industry is confronting major dilemmas. How, for instance, can producers grow sufficient rice to feed the growing population of the planet without using more land, water and labour?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre