JAPAN: Rice lunchbox imports slammed by politicians
Nippon Restaurant Enterprise Inc has been slammed by politicians for its announcement yesterday that it will be importing frozen rice "bentos" (lunchboxes) manufactured at its subsidiary in California to sell in Japan. Critics of the move argue that it importing such products from the US is in direct contrast measures intended to protect Japan's domestic farm industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK