MALAYSIA: Rice millers struggle under market glut and price decreases
The Malaysian Rice Millers Association is warning about the detrimental effects of rice smugglers undercutting the domestic industry. This year, explained vice-president Mohd Redzuan Ahmad, cheaper smuggled rice had meant that over 30,000 tonnes of rice stock and 60,000 tonnes of unprocessed padi were still yet to be sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'