MALAYSIA: Rice millers struggle under market glut and price decreases
The Malaysian Rice Millers Association is warning about the detrimental effects of rice smugglers undercutting the domestic industry. This year, explained vice-president Mohd Redzuan Ahmad, cheaper smuggled rice had meant that over 30,000 tonnes of rice stock and 60,000 tonnes of unprocessed padi were still yet to be sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group