MALAYSIA: Rice millers struggle under market glut and price decreases
The Malaysian Rice Millers Association is warning about the detrimental effects of rice smugglers undercutting the domestic industry. This year, explained vice-president Mohd Redzuan Ahmad, cheaper smuggled rice had meant that over 30,000 tonnes of rice stock and 60,000 tonnes of unprocessed padi were still yet to be sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations