INDIA: RiceTec patent withdrawal prompts Indian exports of basmati
News that US company RiceTec has agreed to withdraw its claims to produce authentic basmati rice from the US Patents and Trademarks Office has sparked a fury within the domestic market, as Indian basmati producers begin sizing up the Western market for export potential. KRBL , currently India's largest exporter of basmati to markets such as Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and Korea, is excited about the new opportunities opening up. Joint managing director Anoop Gupta revealed: "The proof of the pudding is in eating it. People abroad just need to taste
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review