INDIA: RiceTec patent withdrawal prompts Indian exports of basmati
News that US company RiceTec has agreed to withdraw its claims to produce authentic basmati rice from the US Patents and Trademarks Office has sparked a fury within the domestic market, as Indian basmati producers begin sizing up the Western market for export potential. KRBL , currently India's largest exporter of basmati to markets such as Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and Korea, is excited about the new opportunities opening up. Joint managing director Anoop Gupta revealed: "The proof of the pudding is in eating it. People abroad just need to taste
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations