UK: Richmond profits up, helped by Nestlé acquisition
UK ice cream manufacturer Richmond Foods has reported underlying profit for the year to 29 September of £8.2m (US$12.7m), up 63% from £5m in the previous year. The rise in profit reflects the impact of Richmond's acquisition of Nestlé's UK ice cream business. Richmond is planning to launch new products including Rolo ice cream on a stick and small tubs of Smarties ice cream using the brands it acquired in the Nestlé deal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry