UK: Richmond profits up, helped by Nestlé acquisition
UK ice cream manufacturer Richmond Foods has reported underlying profit for the year to 29 September of £8.2m (US$12.7m), up 63% from £5m in the previous year. The rise in profit reflects the impact of Richmond's acquisition of Nestlé's UK ice cream business. Richmond is planning to launch new products including Rolo ice cream on a stick and small tubs of Smarties ice cream using the brands it acquired in the Nestlé deal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw