USA :Riviana Foods Declares Dividend; Authorizes Additional Shares for Repurchase
The Board of Directors of Riviana Foods Inc. (Nasdaq: RVFD) has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per common share, and has authorized the repurchase of an additional 1.0 million shares of the Company's outstanding stock.The dividend will be paid on July 6, 2000, to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 8, 2000.The additional shares will be purchased from time to time, subject to market conditions, in the open market. The stock will be used for general corporate purposes, including the issuance of stock under employee stock option plans. To date, the Company has completed the purchase of 1.8 million shares of the total 2.0 million shares previously authorized under the repurchase program.Based in Houston, Texas, Riviana Foods Inc. is one of the largest processors, marketers and distributors of branded and private-label rice products in the United States. Principal brands include Mahatma®, Carolina® and Success®. The Company has additional food operations in Central America and Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units