USA: Riviana Foods declares dividend
Based in Houston, Texas, Riviana Foods Inc. is one of the largest processors, marketers and distributors of branded and private-label rice products in the United States. Principal brands include Mahatma®, Carolina® and Success®. The Company has additional food operations in Central America and Europe.
Private label is stealing a march on brand names, and nowhere is this truer than in the food sector. Grocers may be driving private label, but it's not necessarily bad news for consumers, or even manu...
The organic market appears to be going from strength to strength, especially if this year's BioFach exhibition is anything to go by. With over 2,000 exhibitors from 70 countries and more than 30,000 v...
The new health consciousness of consumers is believed to be one of the reasons for stagnant value growth of ice cream sales in Western Europe. But with new and unusual combinations of flavours, more p...
The proportion of own brand products is set to rise in Australia, as the nation's two largest supermarket chains push ahead with plans to introduce new, more up-market, private label ranges....
A new report from Datamonitor has revealed that in Europe private label products, which are increasingly competing with famous brands, are most widely purchased in the UK....
Japanese retailer Seiyu is planning to improve its own-label product offering in a bid to boost sales and earnings....
US meat processor Smithfield Foods has reported a rise in earnings for the fourth quarter and year ended 1 May 2005, bolstered by a good performance in the hog sector....
US branded and private label snack foods maker Lance has announced that director David Singer has been named president and chief executive officer, effective immediately. ...
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1