USA: Riviana Foods reports fall in Q1 earnings
US rice products maker Riviana Foods has reported lower first-quarter earnings, partly due to higher domestic rice costs. The Texas-based company reported earnings of US$5.9m for the first quarter to 28 September, compared to earnings of $6.3m in the year-ago period. Sales increased to $104.4m from $95.2m a year earlier, while operating profit was $7.9m, compared to $8.8m a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods