USA: Riviana Foods reports fall in Q1 earnings
US rice products maker Riviana Foods has reported lower first-quarter earnings, partly due to higher domestic rice costs. The Texas-based company reported earnings of US$5.9m for the first quarter to 28 September, compared to earnings of $6.3m in the year-ago period. Sales increased to $104.4m from $95.2m a year earlier, while operating profit was $7.9m, compared to $8.8m a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund