USA: Roadhouse Grill unveils expansion plans for Europe, UK
Pompano Beach, Florida-based Roadhouse Grill has announced plans to build 60 restaurants during the next four years throughout Italy, France, Holland, Spain, Germany and the UK.
The company, which opened its first European restaurant last autumn in Milan, is currently building five others in Italy through a joint venture with Cremonini Group, a publicly traded, Modena-based distributor and producer of food products and restaurant operator. These restaurants - one each in Tuscany, Lombardy and Emilia Romagna and two in Latium - are slated to open by the end the year. Cremonini is funding the venture.
"Our expansion should enable us to quickly dominate the casual-dining segment in Europe and the UK," said Ayman Sabi, CEO of Roadhouse Grill. "Our Milan restaurant is a top producer and a positive indicator of our expected performance in Italy."
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO