USA: Roark Capital Group scoops up Carvel Ice Cream brand in deal with Investcorp
--Roark Capital Group to Gain National Distribution for Carvel's Premium Ice Cream-- --Growth in Both Franchise -- Food Service Locations and Supermarket Outlets to Be Emphasized-- ATLANTA/PRNewswire/ -- Roark Capital Group, a private equity firm focused on acquiring multi-unit businesses and brand management companies, has purchased a controlling interest in Carvel Corporation, a leading ice cream distributor and franchisor. Roark Capital Group purchased preferred stock that is convertible into a majority ownership stake in Carvel while Investcorp, the previous owner, invested additional equity and retained a minority position in the company. As part of the transaction, Neal Aronson, founder and president of Roark Capital Group, has become Chairman of the Board of Directors for Carvel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly