USA: Roark Capital Group scoops up Carvel Ice Cream brand in deal with Investcorp
--Roark Capital Group to Gain National Distribution for Carvel's Premium Ice Cream-- --Growth in Both Franchise -- Food Service Locations and Supermarket Outlets to Be Emphasized-- ATLANTA/PRNewswire/ -- Roark Capital Group, a private equity firm focused on acquiring multi-unit businesses and brand management companies, has purchased a controlling interest in Carvel Corporation, a leading ice cream distributor and franchisor. Roark Capital Group purchased preferred stock that is convertible into a majority ownership stake in Carvel while Investcorp, the previous owner, invested additional equity and retained a minority position in the company. As part of the transaction, Neal Aronson, founder and president of Roark Capital Group, has become Chairman of the Board of Directors for Carvel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth