UK: Robert Wiseman Dairies to respond to OFT
Robert Wiseman Dairies is due to deliver its written response today to proposals by the Office of Fair Trading that would reduce the company's profit margins. Officials from the company will then meet to discuss the situation with the OFT. The OFT is looking to impose price fixing "interim measures", in a bid to prevent "serious, irreparable damage" to Wiseman's main Scottish competitor. It has said that it will limit the possible difference between the lowest price the company charges in the Scottish Highlands and the highest prices paid to "middle ground retailers".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill