UK: Robert Wiseman Dairies to respond to OFT
Robert Wiseman Dairies is due to deliver its written response today to proposals by the Office of Fair Trading that would reduce the company's profit margins. Officials from the company will then meet to discuss the situation with the OFT. The OFT is looking to impose price fixing "interim measures", in a bid to prevent "serious, irreparable damage" to Wiseman's main Scottish competitor. It has said that it will limit the possible difference between the lowest price the company charges in the Scottish Highlands and the highest prices paid to "middle ground retailers".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed