UK: Robert Wiseman not guilty of abusing dominance
Scotland's largest dairy firm Robert Wiseman has been found not guilty of manipulating the milk market by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT).
The OFT revealed earlier today [Friday] that its official inquiry into the firm will be closed after it discovered no evidence that Wiseman was manipulating milk prices through its dominant role in supplying to the middle market in Scotland.
A spokesman from the OFT explained to the BBC: "After an extensive and thorough investigation, the OFT takes the view that further investigation is unlikely to lead to a finding of abuse.
"In these circumstances, the OFT cannot justify proceeding with the case."
The investigation into the Lanarkshire-based firm began last year.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units