UK: Robert Wiseman profits hit by OFT inquiry, restructuring
UK milk processor Robert Wiseman Dairies today [Tuesday] reported pre-tax profits down more than 10% to £16.5m (US$24m) for the year to the end of March. Exceptional losses and costs associated to business restructuring and an inquiry by the UK Office of Fair Trading depressed profits, the group said. The month-long investigation into the Scottish fresh milk business resulted in the trade regulator imposing caps on the prices Wiseman can charge for milk in the Scottish market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin