UK: Robust profits and new stores for bakery chain Greggs
UK bakery chain Greggs today [Friday] reported 2001 pre-tax profits up 24% to £32.7m (US$46.6m), its best ever profit report. The group also announced it would open 50 new shops in the UK as it expands its store opening programme. Looking further afield for the first time, Greggs also said it is planning to open a pilot shop on mainland Europe, although it did not disclose in which country it would begin its international campaign.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target