Roche and Prionics announce collaboration in the field of BSE tests
Roche Diagnostics, a Division of the Roche Group, and Prionics Inc., a Zürich-based biotechnology company, have agreed on a collaboration that will respond to the increasing demand throughout Europe for validated tests for BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy). In 1998, Prionics, a spin-off company founded by distinguished prion researchers at the University of Zürich, introduced Prionics-Check, the first specific and rapid test for the detection of BSE ("mad cow disease") in cattle. On February 1st Roche Diagnostics is to take over distribution of Prionics-Check in virtually all markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs