EU: Romania cleared to sell pig meat to EU
Romanian pigmeat exporters have been given approval to at last sell into the rest of the EU.
Brussels has lifted a ban in place over swine flu control concerns that has been in place since Romania joined the EU in 2007.
Concerns have now been allayed by a "channelled system" of exports, said a note from the European Commission, whose standing committee on the food chain and animal health made the decision.
The system restricts Romanian pigmeat and related products destined for EU markets to designated farms using high-quality bio-security controls, whose meat is handled by selected slaughterhouses and processers. "Romania has substantiated the…reliability of the channelled system" Brussels said.
Arla Foods revealed 250 jobs could be cut as it drives efficiency and tries to keep pace with its international competitors - and admitted more could be made. The race to buy frozen food giant Iglo Gr...
The European Commission, after six years of work, has published a list of 222 health claims that can be made on food labels and advertising when products are sold in the EU....
UK sugar trader ED&F Man has agreed to offload its interest in a refinery in Italy to secure EU clearance for the sale of a stake in its business to German giant Südzucker....
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights