EU: Romania cleared to sell pig meat to EU
Romanian pigmeat exporters have been given approval to at last sell into the rest of the EU.
Brussels has lifted a ban in place over swine flu control concerns that has been in place since Romania joined the EU in 2007.
Concerns have now been allayed by a "channelled system" of exports, said a note from the European Commission, whose standing committee on the food chain and animal health made the decision.
The system restricts Romanian pigmeat and related products destined for EU markets to designated farms using high-quality bio-security controls, whose meat is handled by selected slaughterhouses and processers. "Romania has substantiated the…reliability of the channelled system" Brussels said.
Arla Foods revealed 250 jobs could be cut as it drives efficiency and tries to keep pace with its international competitors - and admitted more could be made. The race to buy frozen food giant Iglo Gr...
The European Commission, after six years of work, has published a list of 222 health claims that can be made on food labels and advertising when products are sold in the EU....
UK sugar trader ED&F Man has agreed to offload its interest in a refinery in Italy to secure EU clearance for the sale of a stake in its business to German giant Südzucker....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019