USA: Ronald McDonald house charities canisters nationwide earmarked for Red Cross
In light of last Tuesday's tragedy in New York City, McDonald's Restaurants nationwide are responding with assistance to the humanitarian and relief efforts. Beginning Friday, September 14, 2001, and continuing for a month, all customer donations received through the Ronald McDonald House Charities® restaurant canister program will be donated to the American Red Cross to assist in this national emergency. Every cent put into these canisters -- both in the restaurants and in drive-thrus -- will be given to the American Red Cross. Furthermore, McDonald's Corporation is contributing $1 million to the relief efforts, and Ronald McDonald House Charities is matching it with its own $1 million contribution above and beyond the canister donations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast