USA: Ronald W. Burkle resigns as director of Kroger
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) yesterday announced that Ronald W. Burkle has resigned from the Board of Directors and from his position as chairman of the Board's Executive Committee. ``The merger agreement between The Kroger Co. and Fred Meyer, Inc. was signed more than two years ago,'' Mr. Burkle said. ``The successful integration of the two companies is progressing well ahead of schedule and I am fully confident it will continue. I am proud to have helped create the finest company in the industry and feel it is now time to concentrate on other activities.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill