SOUTH AFRICA: Rooibos tea claims more health benefits than established competitors
An established South African tea can offer more than 50% more antioxidants than green tea, according to Alvaro Viljoen, from the pharmacy department at the University of the Witwatersrand . Speaking to WebMD, Viljoen added that the tea is also extremely rich in vitamin C, while being caffeine-free and low in tannins: "If you don't capture a market with those attractions, I don't think much else will sell it."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins