SOUTH AFRICA: Rooibos tea claims more health benefits than established competitors
An established South African tea can offer more than 50% more antioxidants than green tea, according to Alvaro Viljoen, from the pharmacy department at the University of the Witwatersrand . Speaking to WebMD, Viljoen added that the tea is also extremely rich in vitamin C, while being caffeine-free and low in tannins: "If you don't capture a market with those attractions, I don't think much else will sell it."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill