UK/IRELAND: Rowse honey buy to boost Valeo's UK presence
Rowse Honey has been acquired by Valeo
Irish food group Valeo Foods has acquired Rowse honey in the hope it will bolster its presence in the UK.
Valeo is a business mainly focused on Ireland, with a portfolio of brands that includes Jacobs, Batchelors, Shamrock, Roma and Odlum.
It sells products in the UK, including Boland's biscuits. However, the purchase of Rowse, Valeo's first acquisition in the UK, adds scale to its business across the Irish Sea.
Rowse is a GBP90m (US$150m) brand with 380 staff. The brand was bought from Wellness Foods, which owns UK muesli maker Dorset Cereals.
Wellness is reportedly mulling the sale of Dorset Cereals. Last week, Sky News reported Weetabix, Kellogg and Associated British Foods had tabled bids for the business.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti