UK/IRELAND: Rowse honey buy to boost Valeo's UK presence
Rowse Honey has been acquired by Valeo
Irish food group Valeo Foods has acquired Rowse honey in the hope it will bolster its presence in the UK.
Valeo is a business mainly focused on Ireland, with a portfolio of brands that includes Jacobs, Batchelors, Shamrock, Roma and Odlum.
It sells products in the UK, including Boland's biscuits. However, the purchase of Rowse, Valeo's first acquisition in the UK, adds scale to its business across the Irish Sea.
Rowse is a GBP90m (US$150m) brand with 380 staff. The brand was bought from Wellness Foods, which owns UK muesli maker Dorset Cereals.
Wellness is reportedly mulling the sale of Dorset Cereals. Last week, Sky News reported Weetabix, Kellogg and Associated British Foods had tabled bids for the business.
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analys...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Associated British Foods plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK