UK/IRELAND: Rowse honey buy to boost Valeo's UK presence
Rowse Honey has been acquired by Valeo
Irish food group Valeo Foods has acquired Rowse honey in the hope it will bolster its presence in the UK.
Valeo is a business mainly focused on Ireland, with a portfolio of brands that includes Jacobs, Batchelors, Shamrock, Roma and Odlum.
It sells products in the UK, including Boland's biscuits. However, the purchase of Rowse, Valeo's first acquisition in the UK, adds scale to its business across the Irish Sea.
Rowse is a GBP90m (US$150m) brand with 380 staff. The brand was bought from Wellness Foods, which owns UK muesli maker Dorset Cereals.
Wellness is reportedly mulling the sale of Dorset Cereals. Last week, Sky News reported Weetabix, Kellogg and Associated British Foods had tabled bids for the business.
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Mondelez on China, Hershey and Q2 results
- Food companies can lead on workplace nutrition
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Kar's gets Non-GMO verification for Second Nature
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures