UK/IRELAND: Rowse honey buy to boost Valeo's UK presence
Rowse Honey has been acquired by Valeo
Irish food group Valeo Foods has acquired Rowse honey in the hope it will bolster its presence in the UK.
Valeo is a business mainly focused on Ireland, with a portfolio of brands that includes Jacobs, Batchelors, Shamrock, Roma and Odlum.
It sells products in the UK, including Boland's biscuits. However, the purchase of Rowse, Valeo's first acquisition in the UK, adds scale to its business across the Irish Sea.
Rowse is a GBP90m (US$150m) brand with 380 staff. The brand was bought from Wellness Foods, which owns UK muesli maker Dorset Cereals.
Wellness is reportedly mulling the sale of Dorset Cereals. Last week, Sky News reported Weetabix, Kellogg and Associated British Foods had tabled bids for the business.
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s ......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Associated British Foods plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up