UK/IRELAND: Rowse honey buy to boost Valeo's UK presence
Rowse Honey has been acquired by Valeo
Irish food group Valeo Foods has acquired Rowse honey in the hope it will bolster its presence in the UK.
Valeo is a business mainly focused on Ireland, with a portfolio of brands that includes Jacobs, Batchelors, Shamrock, Roma and Odlum.
It sells products in the UK, including Boland's biscuits. However, the purchase of Rowse, Valeo's first acquisition in the UK, adds scale to its business across the Irish Sea.
Rowse is a GBP90m (US$150m) brand with 380 staff. The brand was bought from Wellness Foods, which owns UK muesli maker Dorset Cereals.
Wellness is reportedly mulling the sale of Dorset Cereals. Last week, Sky News reported Weetabix, Kellogg and Associated British Foods had tabled bids for the business.
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analys...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s ......
Synopsis Canadean's "Associated British Foods plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria