NETHERLANDS: Royal Ahold to become second largest supermarket chain in Chile
All the shares of Chilean supermarket chain Supermercados Agas will soon be bought by food retailing giant Royal Ahold , in a deal that will provide the Dutch group with control of 17 supermarket stores in Chile's capital, Santiago.Agas has annual sales of €100m, and the deal will increase Ahold's presence on the Chilean market to 62 supermarket outlets, making it the second largest chain in the country. The Dutch retailer is already active in Chile through a joint venture with
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO