NETHERLANDS: Royal Ahold to become second largest supermarket chain in Chile
All the shares of Chilean supermarket chain Supermercados Agas will soon be bought by food retailing giant Royal Ahold , in a deal that will provide the Dutch group with control of 17 supermarket stores in Chile's capital, Santiago.Agas has annual sales of €100m, and the deal will increase Ahold's presence on the Chilean market to 62 supermarket outlets, making it the second largest chain in the country. The Dutch retailer is already active in Chile through a joint venture with
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre