NETHERLANDS: Royal Ahold to become second largest supermarket chain in Chile
All the shares of Chilean supermarket chain Supermercados Agas will soon be bought by food retailing giant Royal Ahold , in a deal that will provide the Dutch group with control of 17 supermarket stores in Chile's capital, Santiago.Agas has annual sales of €100m, and the deal will increase Ahold's presence on the Chilean market to 62 supermarket outlets, making it the second largest chain in the country. The Dutch retailer is already active in Chile through a joint venture with
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations