NETHERLANDS: Royal Ahold to become second largest supermarket chain in Chile
All the shares of Chilean supermarket chain Supermercados Agas will soon be bought by food retailing giant Royal Ahold , in a deal that will provide the Dutch group with control of 17 supermarket stores in Chile's capital, Santiago.Agas has annual sales of €100m, and the deal will increase Ahold's presence on the Chilean market to 62 supermarket outlets, making it the second largest chain in the country. The Dutch retailer is already active in Chile through a joint venture with
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China