UK: R&R Ice Cream acquires Yoomoo frozen yoghurt brand
Yoomoo founders Amanda and Daniel Gestetner will continue to operate the chain of Yoomoo yoghurt bars in locations across the UK
UK firm R&R Ice Cream has acquired the Yoomoo frozen yoghurt brand for an undisclosed sum.
The company said today (15 January) it plans to continue its investment in the Yoomoo brand following completion of the deal, with a GBP2m (US$3.2m) above the line campaign planned for this year to grow awareness and sales of the brand. It will also extend the 'at home range' from March with four variants.
"Yoomoo has achieved an impressive rise within the frozen yogurt sector and we look forward to maximising the potential of the brand through using the resource and experience of R&R to build on the brand's success," said marketing director Phil Griffin.
Yoomoo founders Amanda and Daniel Gestetner will continue to operate the chain of Yoomoo yoghurt bars in locations across the UK, such as Westfield and Harrods, as well as concentrate on overseas expansion to locations in the Middle East and Greece under license.
Founded in 2011, Yoomoo claims it is the leading frozen yoghurt brand in the UK achieving retail sales through supermarkets of GBP4m from launch in March 2012 to date.
The company specialises in producing frozen yoghurt, which it says is "free from nasties and made from fresh British milk".
R&R Ice Cream, which has operations across Europe, was reported to be up for sale in December. First-round bids for a majority stake in the firm were due in before Christmas.
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- What delay means for UK child obesity strategy
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- New Quaker Oats range targets wellness trend