UK: R&R Ice Cream chairman appointed Burton's Biscuit Co. chairman
Burton's Biscuit Co. has announced the appointment James Lambert as chairman of the company.
Lambert, chairman of R&R Ice Cream, was appointed "following the successful completion of the company sale process, during which he helped Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan acquire Burton's," a spokesperson for Burton's told just-food.
Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, the Canadian pension fund, bought a majority stake in Burton's in November.
The spokesperson added: "James's entrepreneurial and inspirational leadership style is a great fit for Burton's."
Lambert will also remain chairman at R&R, a position he has held since July, when he stepped down as chief executive. He founded R&R in 1985.
"There is no change to his role at R&R," a spokesperson for the ice cream maker told just-food.
South Africa's Tiger Brands grabbed the headlines this week with news of the over-stating of sales at its Kenyan arm inflating local profits last year. Elsewhere, Ireland's Total Produce lifted its ea...
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- How Danone is winning "key battles" to grow
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Young's eyeing new channels, M&A
- PepsiCo, Target back campaign for gender parity