UK: R&R Ice Cream chairman appointed Burton's Biscuit Co. chairman
Burton's Biscuit Co. has announced the appointment James Lambert as chairman of the company.
Lambert, chairman of R&R Ice Cream, was appointed "following the successful completion of the company sale process, during which he helped Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan acquire Burton's," a spokesperson for Burton's told just-food.
Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, the Canadian pension fund, bought a majority stake in Burton's in November.
The spokesperson added: "James's entrepreneurial and inspirational leadership style is a great fit for Burton's."
Lambert will also remain chairman at R&R, a position he has held since July, when he stepped down as chief executive. He founded R&R in 1985.
"There is no change to his role at R&R," a spokesperson for the ice cream maker told just-food.
South Africa's Tiger Brands grabbed the headlines this week with news of the over-stating of sales at its Kenyan arm inflating local profits last year. Elsewhere, Ireland's Total Produce lifted its ea...
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action