UK: R&R Ice Cream chairman appointed Burton's Biscuit Co. chairman
Burton's Biscuit Co. has announced the appointment James Lambert as chairman of the company.
Lambert, chairman of R&R Ice Cream, was appointed "following the successful completion of the company sale process, during which he helped Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan acquire Burton's," a spokesperson for Burton's told just-food.
Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, the Canadian pension fund, bought a majority stake in Burton's in November.
The spokesperson added: "James's entrepreneurial and inspirational leadership style is a great fit for Burton's."
Lambert will also remain chairman at R&R, a position he has held since July, when he stepped down as chief executive. He founded R&R in 1985.
"There is no change to his role at R&R," a spokesperson for the ice cream maker told just-food.
South Africa's Tiger Brands grabbed the headlines this week with news of the over-stating of sales at its Kenyan arm inflating local profits last year. Elsewhere, Ireland's Total Produce lifted its ea...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights