UK: R&R Ice Cream chairman appointed Burton's Biscuit Co. chairman
Burton's Biscuit Co. has announced the appointment James Lambert as chairman of the company.
Lambert, chairman of R&R Ice Cream, was appointed "following the successful completion of the company sale process, during which he helped Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan acquire Burton's," a spokesperson for Burton's told just-food.
Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, the Canadian pension fund, bought a majority stake in Burton's in November.
The spokesperson added: "James's entrepreneurial and inspirational leadership style is a great fit for Burton's."
Lambert will also remain chairman at R&R, a position he has held since July, when he stepped down as chief executive. He founded R&R in 1985.
"There is no change to his role at R&R," a spokesperson for the ice cream maker told just-food.
Synopsis Canadean's "MADO Ice Cream & Foodstuffs Co., Ltd.: Foodservice - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
This industry includes the manufacture of ice cream and other edible ice such as sorbet and gelato. It excludes the activities of ice cream parlours and other retail sale of ice cream products....
Ice cream continues to be characterised by high levels of innovation as new products are launched and replaced annually in order to maintain share in a category where competition is intensive. For exa...
As the household penetration of freezers has increased, bulk dairy ice cream has become more popular. Also, over 2012 and 2013, Moroccan consumers were less willing to go out for ice cream so it becam...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India